Monday, June 13, 2011

First Gringa Companion

Hello!
I´m doing really good this week. Things are going really good with my new companion. I am really enjoying being able to talk in English during the day ;) Well actually it is Spanglish but it works. The rule is we are suppose to talk in Spanish during the day when we are out of the pension, but in the pension we can talk in English. I am workin on it ;) It is just such a big temptation because she is my first gringa companion since the MTC! But everything has been going so good because we have a lot of unity and faith in this area. Last change was really hard because my companion didn´t want to be here so we had little success finding and teaching, but with in a week that has all change. It has been amazing! We have been contacting and teaching a lot and really gaining the trust of the members. The work has been great and we have activities and ¨family home evenings¨ scheduled almost every night this week :) I am still working on my patience but I have been able to see a lot of progress with that. Like going into this last week I was really worried because I thought I was really going to be tested patience wise but it has been great. It is SO nice to see that I am making progress with that. I think that is also why we are having such good success with everything. We both have nothing but good thoughts towards one another and we really care about the ward here and the people. It is just great :) Also I am starting to see the ¨fruits¨ of all the hard work I put into last change.
As for volcanoes and storms we haven´t seen any of that here. The weather has actually been amazing since Tuesday. It feels like summer right now and I love it! One really great thing about my area is we have amazing views of the ocean from almost every point and so that has been great to see it everyday with clear skys and little to no wind :) How is the weather in Casper? Do you guys have any plans for this month or the next? I am glad that Zach found a job and that he is keeping busy with side projects and everything. AND I am really excited to meet Jasper next year. He sounds really fun, how old is he?
I am trying to think of a good story or something from this last week...... hmmmm This week has just been really successful with everything. Nothing crazy but it has defiantly helped me to grow as a person and I am learning a lot from my companion. We had three or four lessons this week were the people would just start to cry telling us about their life or their testimony. One thing that I love about that is knowing that we have their trust because they trust us enough to share everything with us. I am really starting to love this ward. We are in the process of reviving the missionary work here and it is going so much better.
So how was that meeting on the ward missionary plan? Did the missionaries help with it? We are in the process of creating one too :) Do you guys have Hermanas or Elders?
So I had Hna Norton cut my bangs again today. It looks really good except my face is fat :( haha But I am working on it. I am pretty sure that my face one of the first places that fat goes. But the good news is ALL of my clothes still fit and I am not really noticing them getting tighter.. if they are. lol Yesterday we had completos(hot dogs) for ¨once¨ and another member invited us over to get ¨dulces de Aligua¨ all of which was so good! I am working on using more self control. ;)  As for the fruit they do have a lot of unique fruit here with crazy names that are pretty good. One of them look like a mix between and red pepper and a tomato and the other one that I can think of right now is like tomato size also but is like a creamish brown color. They are both really good but you have to peel the outer layer of first before you can eat it. :)
Well thats all I can think of today.. thank you for the letter today Mom, I always love reading and hear all the updates. Have a great week.
Hermana Lichty
Oh yeah... I bought another fleece jacket because I lost mine last Monday.. It was sad. But the new one I found is purple and I like it too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment