Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MTC 12-15-10

Hey there!
We got our travel plans last week! Sorry I didn't get to call you. BUT we have to be at the travel office at 2:30am on Monday morning and our first plan leaves at 6am and it is a one hour flight. Then we have a 5 1/2 hour layover in LA, so I will have plenty of time to talk. lol  Our next flight is 18 hours long... from LA straight to Santiago Chile. So from 12:20 pm that day til  6:35 am the next morning. Then from there I believe we will get on a bus to travel to Vina del Mar. It is going to be a very long couple of days. There are only 2 others going to Vina and they are the Hermanas in my district and room so that should be fun. It is crazy because there are SO many missionaries going to Santiago and other missons and this whole time I have been at the MTC I have met a total of 4 including the two Hermana in my district that are going to Vina.
In other new those shoes I was telling you I was going to get fell through somehow and I guess her mom just didn't order them. Weird. I was wondering if you could look into some this morning for me if you have time. Cause I only have the two pair that I can wear right now. If you could look for Clarks, Unstructed(This is the most important part), brown with a strap. They look kinda like my black ones in that they are slip ons. And the strap is down by the toe. If you do find any and could get them to my by Friday or Saturday that would be WONDERFUL.
We are starting to get everything together to leave. I am really nervous about the weight for bags, our carry on can only be 17lbs because we are flying on Lan Chile S.A. airlines. It will be interesting. I have two boxes I am going to be sending home today we clothes and other random things.
I have a funny story for you all... kinda embarrassing but its okay. So we were teaching a lesson on Saturday on the plan of salvation and all of our lessons are in Spanish now. During the lesson I was talking about Adam and Eve and the fall and how it was important that they had there agency to choose. I said something to the effect that God gave them the commandment so they could have free agency.... BUT i mixed up the word with bored. So i ended up staying that God gave them the commandment because they were bored. lol It was funny because I didn't know this is what I said so I was just looking around after my statement and they were all  looking at me really funny. After about 30 seconds or so my companion cut in at said she mean Albedrio which means free agency. I really just start saying words in hopes that they make sense and a make a alot of mistake. Some of the sisters say they like to listen to me speak Spanish because they never know what I am going to say. lol I don't know if that is a thing or a bad thing.  :)
Anyway I don't have much time but I will call from the airport on Monday morning around 7:30 or 8:00.
Mom if you could dearelder me today and let me know about the shoes that would be great. I didn't get a dearelder from you last week though. And thank you for the Christmas shirts! They were great :)
Love you all,
Hermana Lichty

No comments:

Post a Comment