Monday, July 18, 2011

The half way mark is here!

Changes changes changes!!
I am SO excited! I am going up to SENOR companion and I am going to be opening an area that was closed because it hasn´t seen baptisms in like 2 years! But that doesn´t matter because it is going to be awesome and me and my new companion are going to win the hearts of the people there. I am going to be companions with Hermana Ellsworth and I am so excited. I had interchanges with her like 2 weeks ago and it was so much fun. She is so cute when she tries to speak Spanish.. lol It will be fun to help each other on the whole language thing :) SO yes that is that.......... I am stoked! The only downside is the pension is freezing! So I am going to go buy this thing that you put hot water in at night and it stays warm all night so I can sleep with it. :)
This last week has been really fun because I have been with Hermana Norton for the last  4 days! We have the worst of luck when we are together but it is so fun. The first day we leave from lunch and right when we walk out the door the rain starts. And it rains and rains and rains... all day and it was windy. Nobody let us in and we just walked in it for four and a half hours straight until we were tired and very wet and cold. Then we went to my favorite members house and they fixed us ¨once¨ with hot chocolate. But we were soaked! So the next day we bought rain boots.. cute ones! And it was such a good thing because it rained again!
Lets see..... que mas que mas... umm oh so the craziest thing happened this Sunday. I really struggled in Agua Santa, with the area and with the ward and I just felt that hadn´t made much of a difference. But then when everyone found out I was leaving they were so sad. Everyone was coming up to me and thanking me and asking me why I had to go and if I could ask for an extension. It was so unexpected but a very nice compliment I thought. They weren´t even that sad when my last companion left and she had double the time I did in that ward. I am just glad that I was able to leave the area better then I found it and now the ward is a lot more open to helping the missionaries with the work. :)
Having the mini missionaries was fun. They were so tired by the last two days, it was funny. They were falling asleep at church on Sunday and at night they seemed like Zombies. We just told them welcome to the mission. But we did make it fun by making pancakes and pizza two of the three nights they were here.
That is awesome things are going so well for Zach with his job! Does he really enjoy working there? It sounds like you are really busy at work too which is good! How are things at church going? Anything new happening?
Well I think that is everything for right now..
Love you all,
Hermana Lichty

No comments:

Post a Comment