Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentines Day 2012

This week has been crazy... So our ward is huge and the other Hermanas side of the ward is SO much bigger then ours that there are places they have never been until last week. There area goes clear out to the beach into this little area called San Pedro. You have to take two taxis to get there and it is really hard to find transportation out, but its huge. There are so many houses and people that live there, they are all fishermen. Anyway we decided to go down there and open the area and it was amazing! We were there for 3 hours and we didn’t even make it down one street because everyone was talking to us. Nobody down there has ever seen missionaries so they were very interested in who we were and what we were doing. It was sweet! And the beach is just right there. Just picture being in Hawaii with little beach houses and the white picket fences, and sand full of broken white seashells. It is amazing!
Also Hermana Boud left this week! It was so hard to see her go. We had to take her to the terminal yesterday in the middle of sacrament meeting :( She was in the MTC with me... it is crazy how the time passes. AND then there are the changes. We got the biggest shock ever when they called about changes. SOOO they put Hermana Carcamo and I in charge of both areas of the ward making it our 3rd change together WITH another Hermana that is coming tomorrow. Yeah that’s right... we are going to be in a trio in charge of of the biggest ward I have ever been in. CRAZY These next 6 weeks are going to be so interesting. I am not sure what to think about it all right now. I have not heard any good comments about trios in all of my mission but I think we could really make it work. Also there is this new rule that we don’t get to know our new companions until they arrive and we are face to face. So Hermana Carcamo and I won’t know who our new companion is ‘til tomorrow. I have a feeling it is Hermana Szuch, she was in the MTC with me, I am praying for it. :) So a lot has been happening and these next 6 weeks are just going to be busier.
Also my trainer, Hermana Amaya wrote me last week and she is engaged! SO crazy because she just got back three months ago. Oh and they split the zone up here in La Serena. So now there are two and we are in La Serena Norte.
And I got the package from Grandma Nicholls this week. Thank you so much for the package. It was awesome. It had candy, sunscreen, shirts, the medical refill, and socks. It was perfect and I was able to share with my companion too! Thank you thank you thank you! I loved it!
Thank you for everything, Love you all
Hermana Lichty

No comments:

Post a Comment