Monday, January 30, 2012

2 months left!

Good Morning!
I am doing pretty good this week. We had kind of a rough week last week because all four of us got sick. Apparently there was a bug going around or something. It was the same thing I had like 6 months ago in Villa Norte with really bad stomachaches, headaches, and a fever.So we spent a little more time in the pension trying to recover. But we are all doing a lot better now.:) This week was good. We are working with a family of five, the littlest is 9 months, the next is 3 and the oldest is 5. The biggest challenge that we have is the mom and dad are not married. So this week we really focused on that, which was a little bit awkward for us but it turned out great. They actually talked about getting married but never saw a point to it.... until we explained to them about how families could be together forever and then of course the ten commandments. :)  Also something really cool is that the mom has a twin sister that is almost exactly the same as her, only a little bit bigger. lol She was over visiting them this last week and we had two really good lessons with them both and we are 100% sure that her twin sister is going to get married and be baptized. So really I think it is just a matter of time. They all came to church on Sunday which was great. Her little kids love primary. It was funny because we went to primary with them and turns out the teacher didn't show up so we had to give the lesson. But primary here is a little different because they only separate the kids into two different groups. So we got to teach a huge class of kids from the age of 3 to 8.
Also Oscar was confirmed on Sunday which was great and is preparing to get the priesthood soon. We have a lesson with him tonight to help prepare him. :)
It sounds like you talked to a lot of people this week. I am glad everyone is still thinking about me, I haven't been gone too long. :) I really liked the pictures that you sent from your cruise. I am surprised that Dad let you take a picture of him. lol So is Stephanie just working and hanging out or is she taking classes? We don't have too many plans for this p-day. My companion has somethings she wants to do so I think mostly today we will being doing things off her agenda. But its good. I am starting to realize that after so many p-days the stuff we do isn't that important to me anymore. I don't know if that makes sense. But I remember always wanting to have me time and do things I want to do but after time it just doesn't really matter all that much. It is just another day and next week we will have another one. 
But I am glad everything is going well for everyone. And that is sweet about that girl getting called to come here. You will have to fill her in on everything because the papers really don't tell you anything. lol
Love you all,
Hermana Lichty

No comments:

Post a Comment